Job Title: MANUFACTURING FOREPERSON
Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Responsible for training of production employees and ensuring production and quality goals are met while providing a safe and secure work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train Production Employees
- Work Instructions, safety practices, non conforming products, measuring and monitoring devices, production records, etc.;
- New employees must be trained, and when an employee changes to a new work station. Training must be documented and issued to the Manufacturing Manager; and
- Cross-Train production employees in multiple work stations and train employees on the proper process for reading drawings.
Document Control & Reporting
- Report inaccuracies and potential improvements of manufacturing documents to the Manufacturing Manager;
Safety & Security
- Ensure compliance Safety Policies and Practices
Ensure compliance with Security Policies
- Support and assist Manufacturing Manager in all associated safety activities and efforts.
- Report issues of non-compliance to the Manufacturing Manager.
Ensure that buildings are closed at the end of the shift
- Report issues of non-compliance to the Manufacturing Manager.
Production Planning, Execution, & Control
- Communicate work objectives, goals and priorities;
Carry out production work activities as required to support meeting production schedule requirements;
Ensure that product travelers are accurate and complete throughout the production process;
Ensure that all process records are accurate and complete throughout the production process;
Ensure that Work Instructions are followed throughout the production process;
Identify material issues and report to Managers and Materials department;
Notify the Manufacturing Manager of quality concerns;
Keep assembly department clean and free of foreign object damage;
- Communicate and monitor production objectives performance; and
- Report status of objective completion daily/weekly and ensure that the department meets weekly and monthly production goals within budget.
§ Use chemicals, adhesives, solvents, lubricants, epoxies, paints, and inks, as required, with the Personal Protective Equipment required by the organization.
§ Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations;
- Work cooperatively with other team members on continuous improvement efforts;
- Facilitate problem solving between and within different departments;
- Ensure working hours are executed per the direction of the Manufacturing Manager;
- Maintain special storage conditions for items that have been transferred to Production throughout the workday and at the end of every work day; and
- Inform the Manufacturing Manager when product identification labels are lost or damaged.
- Ensure Dress Code requirements are met; report inconsistencies to Manufacturing Manager;
- Report any measuring or monitoring devices that are out of calibration to the Manufacturing Manager;
- Maintain a clean and organized production floor;
- Report any patterns of early departure, late arrivals, and absenteeism to Manufacturing Manager;
- Maintenance requests, issues, or concerns must be reported to the Manufacturing Manager; and
§ Report defective materials or questionable safety and quality conditions to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Treat all employees with respect and in a fair and consistent manner. Every employee complaint must be taken seriously and retaliation of any kind is prohibited.
Qualifications/requirements: Fully fluent in English and capable of clearly communicating in Spanish. Good oral and written communication skills. Proficient in MS Office. High energy and self driven individual with potential to handle higher responsibility level within 2 years. Excellent people skills and demonstrated ability to motivate and train employees toward higher efficiency and skill level. Capability to read and understand complex assembly drawings and engineering technical documentation. Ability to trouble shoot technical/administrative production related problems.
other Qualifications/requirements: Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
May be required to work daily overtime and occasional weekends.
Compliance with all personnel policies
This position requires use of and access to information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Accordingly, all Production Forepersons must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Temporary Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand, and move about the facility. Regularly required to perform physical work with hands during entire shift. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work usually performed in a production floor. May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the assembly process. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, unless otherwise noted by safety signage.
Education/Training/Experience: Technical degree or equivalent field of expertise and/or minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience working in a manufacturing environment that is certified to ISO 9001/AS9100C required.
As a Federal Contractor, Point Blank Enterprises, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by: (1) sending an e-mail to Maria Romero, email@example.com or calling 1-(954) 630-0900 (2) informing us regarding the nature of your request and (3) providing your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions or resumes to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
Point Blank Enterprises, Inc. is an EOE/AA/MFDV Employer.