The sales data analyst will be responsible for creation and administration of sales analytics, costing, pricing, grouping and categorizing, margin analysis, volume/product/mix analysis, backlog tracking, trends and metrics improvement, profit maximization. The analyst will be a liaison between the systems data and the sales team. The analyst will continuously create and drive value.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
- Collects, analyzes, evaluates and reports data to increase general sales productivity.
- Develops and administers a cloud-based reporting of sales metrics and dashboards.
- Develops, maintains and continuously improves interactive backlog – open orders tracking and sales database reporting.
- Consolidates multiple sources of sales data into one well-organized database.
- Analyzes new orders, verifies price/cost/margin information – addresses issues with broader team, drives actions to correct anomalies, both immediately identified as well as ongoing issues.
- Critically evaluates pricing attributes of sales, proposes and drives strategies to maximize profits.
- Maintains proper grouping and categorization of the sales data. Provides dashboards to the team.
- Conquers Volume/Margin/Mix analysis.
- Identifies and communicates important sales trends and metrics. Proposes changes.
- Tracks sales rep performance – current and past.
- Tracks commissions.
- Analyzes and evaluates shipping data and trends. Corrects any deviations.
- Assists the sales team with future sales projections, trends and pipeline.
- Conducts market and competitor SWOT analysis.
- Drives value by cascading information to the sales team. Provides training and guidance.
- Assists in the monthly sales forecasting process including various pro forma scenarios as requested.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned including ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information.
Cognition: Processes thoughts and experiences effectively from decision making to innovative thinking, analysis, judgments and problem solving. This includes examining information to draw conclusions, developing creative ideas and perspectives, making informed decisions considering all of the facts, goals, constraints and risks associated and resolving difficult challenges.
Communication: Communicates clearly with others avoiding ambiguity in all aspects of communication from speaking to writing, listening, and reading. This includes expressing ideas and facts orally and in writing, understanding and learning from what others say and grasping the meaning of written information.
Interaction with Others: Communicating and reacting with co-workers appropriately to maintain a professional environment. This includes encouraging others and furthering Company objectives, building constructive working relationships consisting of acceptance and respect, promoting cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and embracing a work environment that appreciates diversity.
Personal Effectiveness: Incorporating all personal resources to achieve work objectives the most efficiently from accountability to adaptability, customer and safety focus and continual learning. This includes taking responsibility for actions, quality and timeliness of work, adjusting to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities, maintaining customer satisfaction with the products offered by the company, adhering to all workplace standards, regulations and practices and showing an ongoing commitment to self-improve.
Management: Structures and directs others to ensure Company goals are met from coaching, leading, organizing and self-managing. This includes supporting all co-workers growth by giving feedback, instruction and encouragement in order for them to better succeed. This also includes promoting Company objectives and demonstrating the way to achieve them, coordinating ideas, prioritizing tasks by importance and deadline, keeping a quick pace without sacrificing quality, maintaining composure in stressful situations and tactfully handling challenges or tense interpersonal situations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires sitting or standing for a prolonged period of time.
- Requires dexterity and coordination to handle files, boxes and materials.
- Requires minimum reaching for items above and below desk level.
- Requires strength, coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods.
§ Requires walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
§ Requires repetitive movements with fingers, hands, wrist, and arms.
§ Requires traveling when needed.