The Staff Tax Accountant is responsible for preparing sales/use tax, gross receipt returns for all entities, communicating with tax authorities and third party consultant on a regular basis, responding to notices from various tax jurisdictions with proof of payment, mailing, etc., Understanding and applying policies from tax quality control documents and ensuring all documents are current. This person is also responsible for maintaining company fixed assets, auto licenses and AMEX activity. The individual will prepare the Tangible Property Tax return for all states. Responsible for preparing account reconciliations, journal entries and various month end reports
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
1. Prepares various account analysis and reconciliations. .
2. Prepares and remits monthly/quarterly sales/use tax and gross receipts returns.
3. Reconcile tax accounts and coordinate with accounts receivable to ensure proper sales tax collection.
4. Runs required month-end reports and files according to document retention guidelines.
5. Reviews sales orders to determine taxability and advised of any required adjustments.
6. Monitors and files auto licenses.
7. Maintains Company’s fixed asset system and records.
8. Prepares various journal entries for month end close.
9. Ensures that company’s state registrations are all current with the secretaries of each state.
10. Performs auditing back-up for account payable checks.
11. Responsible for working according to the company’s safety and quality standards.
12. Maintains a safe and clean work area.
13. Performs other related duties as required and or as assigned.
Cognition: Processes thoughts and experiences effectively from decision making to innovative thinking, analysis, judgments and problem solving. This includes examining information to draw conclusions, developing creative ideas and perspectives, making informed decisions considering all of the facts, goals, constraints and risks associated and resolving difficult challenges.
Communication: Communicates clearly with others avoiding ambiguity in all aspects of communication from speaking to writing, listening, and reading. This includes expressing ideas and facts orally and in writing, understanding and learning from what others say and grasping the meaning of written information.
Interaction with Others: Communicating and reacting with co-workers appropriately to maintain a professional environment. This includes encouraging others and furthering Company objectives, building constructive working relationships consisting of acceptance and respect, promoting cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and embracing a work environment that appreciates diversity.
Personal Effectiveness: Incorporating all personal resources to achieve work objectives the most efficiently from accountability to adaptability, customer and safety focus and continual learning. This includes taking responsibility for actions, quality and timeliness of work, adjusting to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities, maintaining customer satisfaction with the products offered by the company, adhering to all workplace standards, regulations and practices and showing an ongoing commitment to self-improve.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires sitting for a prolonged period of time.
- Requires dexterity and coordination to handle files, boxes and materials with occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Requires minimum reaching for items above and below desk level.
- Requires strength, coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods.
As a Federal Contractor, Point Blank Enterprises, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by: (1) sending an e-mail to Maria Romero, email@example.com or calling 1-(954) 630-0900 (2) informing us regarding the nature of your request and (3) providing your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions or resumes to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
Point Blank is an Equal Opportunity