1. Assist in analysis of operating and financial data.
2. Assist in month-end close and year-end close.
3. Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports for management and the Board.
4. Prepares weekly reports of actual cash receipts, cash disbursements and working capital compared to budget and forecast including a report that describes key variances to budget and forecast.
5. Tracks detailed daily sales and orders.
6. Assist in preparation of the rolling 13-week cash forecast.
7. Captures and monitors key performance indicators (KPIs), highlighting trends, and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
8. Assists in continuing development of business planning, forecasting, and modeling tools.
9. Assist in implementation and work with business intelligence tools and dashboard reports.
10. Assist in monthly sales forecasting process including various pro forma scenarios and ad-hoc reporting.
11. Prepares profitability and allocation analyses by product, contract, and business segment.
12. Assists with business units budgeting process. Tracks actual results to budget and forecast.
13. Improves reporting and forecasting performance by evaluating processes.
14. Maintains confidentiality with highly sensitive information.
15. Performs additional duties as necessary and/or as assigned.
Managing work flow: Managing work flow to achieve results within objectives. Managing a variety of responsibilities at the same time. Anticipating problems/variances and taking appropriate action(s) to prevent or minimize impact. Making effective decisions under the pressure of time. Taking responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
Communicating: Communicating effectively with people at all levels in the organization. Communicating clear and concise information; avoiding vagueness, ambiguity, and mixed messages. Giving specific, timely feedback to manager and others increasing the organization’s efficiency. Receiving cooperation and support from people at varying levels and in different groups.
Learning & Adapting: Remaining productive during periods of change. Taking the initiative to mitigate challenges and obstacles as needed; being action oriented.
Maximizing Resources: Working collaboratively with people throughout the organization. Supporting others when needed. Working effectively with people who have diverse ideas and perspectives.
Quality & Customer Focus: Continuously look for ways to simplify and improve work processes to achieve
better results. Seeking input from internal and external customers to create efficiencies and improve
performance. Maintaining focus on long-term quality results.
- Candidate must be enrolled in last year of Finance Undergrad Program, as this is a paid Internship Program.
- Must thoroughly understand financial statements, working capital and the relationship between the different financial statements and how key items impact the financials.
- Must be skilled in financial modeling techniques.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Excel. Advanced knowledge of Filters, Pivot Tables, Vlookups, and IFs.
- Must be skilled in both oral and written communication in order to be able to make presentations to members of the management team.
- Experience in Oracle is beneficial but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Government contracting experience desirable but not required.
- Superior research and analytical skills.
- Detail orientated and organized.
- Superior problem-solving and process improvement abilities.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines working with team members outside of finance.
- Must read, write, and understand advanced English.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function for this position
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
Sitting for long periods. Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of paper, occasional lifting
of items weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds such as files, stacks of paper, reference and other materials. Moving from place to place within the organization, minimal reaching for items above and below desk level. Strength, dexterity, coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods.
As a Federal Contractor, Point Blank Enterprises, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by: (1) sending an e-mail to Maria Romero, firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-(954) 630-0900 (2) informing us regarding the nature of your request and (3) providing your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions or resumes to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
Point Blank Enterprises, Inc. is an EOE/AA/MFDV Employer.