The Cost Analyst will be responsible for studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, subcontractor, labor and overhead. Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports. He/she is responsible for the accuracy and reliability of the manufacturing standard cost inventory records, through analysis and working with operations on continuous process improvement of inventory control and reporting. This person will monitor and serve as internal audit of the cycle-count program and will report and explain manufacturing variances between actual and standard.
- Work with operations on continuous process improvement of inventory control, cycle counting, engineering change order process, and inventory transactions.
- Perform analysis of Manufacturing variances (material usage variance and actual vs. standard costs variance).
- Report and explain weekly and monthly Manufacturing variances
- Monitor BOM and Path changes that impact costing and valuation.
- Participate, reconcile and analyze cycle count program.
- Ability to manage priorities and deadlines, and the ability to solve problems.
- Supports month end closing activities by assisting with account reconciliations, expense analysis, manufacturing transaction reviews, PPV analysis, inventory, and cost-of-goods sold.
- Assists with review and process of E&O reserve requirements.
- Monitors compliance with Finance Policies and Procedures.
- Prepares for and participates in internal and external audits.
- Perform ad hoc analysis of product/plant to support the operations.
Managing work flow: Managing work flow to achieve results within budget and on time. Managing a variety of responsibilities at the same time. Anticipating problems and take appropriate action to prevent or minimize impact. Taking responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
Communicating: Communicating effectively with people at all levels in the organization. Communicating clear and concise information; avoiding vagueness, ambiguity, and mixed messages. Giving specific, timely feedback to manager and others so that we can work more effectively. Acquiring cooperation and action from people at varying levels or in different groups.
Learning & Adapting: Remaining productive during periods of ambiguity, uncertainty, and change. Taking the initiative to mitigate challenges and obstacles as needed; being action oriented.
Maximizing Resources: Working collaboratively with people in our group and in other parts of the organization. Supporting others when needed. Working effectively with people who have diverse ideas, perspectives, and values.
Quality & Customer Focus: Continuously look for ways to simplify and improve work processes to achieve better results. Seeking input from internal and external customers to create efficiencies and improve performance. Maintaining focus on long-term quality results.
- (3) three to (6) six year’s relevant manufacturing analysis experience.
- Bachelors of Science in Business or Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with bill of material management and variance analysis.
- Able to identify opportunities to improve processes and take initiative to recommend changes management.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of Jesta and Oracle is a plus.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function for this position, available to work weekends for quarterly physical inventories.
- Team working ability.
- Must read, write, and understand Basic English.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA.
Sitting for long periods. Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of paper; occasional lifting
of items weighing up to (25) twenty-five pounds such as files, stacks of paper, reference and other materials.
Moving from place to place within the office; minimum reaching for items above and below desk level.
Strength, dexterity, coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods.
As a Federal Contractor, Point Blank Enterprises, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by: (1) sending an e-mail to Maria Romero, email@example.com or calling 1-(954) 630-0900 (2) informing us regarding the nature of your request and (3) providing your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions or resumes to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
Point Blank is an Equal Opportunity