Essential Duties and Accountabilities
Technical Support Level 1
1. Configures, installs and troubleshoots PC systems and peripherals.
2. Provides helpdesk and technical support for customers online, via email and over the phone.
3. Provides training, repairs and preventative maintenance.
4. Maintains a high degree of end user support ensuring equipment, software, communications and training is sufficient for all end user needs.
5. Configures and tests customer purchased equipment before shipment.
6. Creates and manages tickets on the helpdesk system.
7. Assists the Systems and Network Manager with network and communication projects.
8. Develops strong understanding of company products sold, equipment, requirements and objectives to ensure customers are provided with high quality support and satisfaction.
9. Adheres to internal procedures and suggests improvements if needed.
10. Provides weekend/afterhours emergency coverage when needed and scheduled.
11. Maintains and projects professionalism when speaking/interacting with customers.
12. Responsible for working according to the company’s safety and quality standards.
13. Maintains a safe and clean work area.
14. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
15. Maintains hardware and software inventory.
16. Maintains help desk application to develop support activity database.
17. Develops strong understanding of company operations, requirements and objectives to ensure all IT operations support the corporate objectives.
18. Trains and assist IT support specialists.
19. Receives and resolves help desk tickets that Technical Support Level 1 employees cannot resolve.
20. Adheres to internal IT Procedures and suggests improvements if needed.