Essential Duties and Accountabilities
1. Responsible for maintaining production goals and ensuring department production is completed accurately and timely.
2. Confirms that items from the Cutting and Production Department match the items ordered by the customer.
3. Ensures that products are produced timely, effectively and exceed the company quality standards within their assigned area.
4. Responsible for the shift supervision of manufacturing workers, interfacing with maintenance, quality and inventory purchasing and upper management.
5. Ensures that production schedule is met by distributing workload in accordance with changing priorities.
6. Oversees and or conducts training of new or existing employees.
7. Works closely with General Supervisor to assist and ensure employees follow company policies and health and safety guidelines.
8. Supervises and motivates employees, as well as conducts employee performance reviews, identifies required training needs, and issues corrective actions based on employees’ performance and productivity.
9. Responsible for working according to the company’s safety and quality standards.
10. Maintains a safe and clean work area.
11. Performs other related duties as required and or as assigned.
Cognition: Processes thoughts and experiences effectively from decision making to innovative thinking, analysis, judgments and problem solving. This includes examining information to draw conclusions, developing creative ideas and perspectives, making informed decisions considering all of the facts, goals, constraints and risks associated and resolving difficult challenges.
Communication: Communicates clearly with others avoiding ambiguity in all aspects of communication from speaking to writing, listening, and reading. This includes expressing ideas and facts orally and in writing, understanding and learning from what others say and grasping the meaning of written information.
Interaction with Others: Communicating and reacting with co-workers appropriately to maintain a professional environment. This includes encouraging others and furthering Company objectives, building constructive working relationships consisting of acceptance and respect, promoting cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and embracing a work environment that appreciates diversity.
Personal Effectiveness: Incorporating all personal resources to achieve work objectives the most efficiently from accountability to adaptability, customer and safety focus and continual learning. This includes taking responsibility for actions, quality and timeliness of work, adjusting to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities, maintaining customer satisfaction with the products offered by the company, adhering to all workplace standards, regulations and practices and showing an ongoing commitment to self-improve.
Management: Structures and directs others to ensure Company goals are met from coaching, leading, organizing and self-managing. This includes supporting all co-workers growth by giving feedback, instruction and encouragement in order for them to better succeed. This also includes promoting Company objectives and demonstrating the way to achieve them, coordinating ideas, prioritizing tasks by importance and deadline, keeping a quick pace without sacrificing quality, maintaining composure in stressful situations and tactfully handling challenges or tense interpersonal situations.