The Quality Control
responsible for planning, coordinating and execution of Quality Control
department activities as well as ensuring qualified and trained Quality Control
Inspectors carry out job responsibilities as required.
Essential Duties and
- Oversee and coordinate the execution of the following activities for
all Quality Inspectors:
Perform inspection activities as required to support quality
control team and to meet production schedule requirements;
Responsible for training the Quality Inspectors on the following matters
in order to perform their jobs effectively and efficiently:
- Source inspection at suppliers location;
- Incoming inspection of raw materials and TPG parts;
- In-Process inspections as required by the Quality Plans;
- Inspection of Finished Products and Installation Kits;
- Stencils inspections (for Defense items only);
- UID/RFID inspections (for Defense items only);
- First Article Inspections (for Defense items only); and
- Internal Audits of Suppliers.
Support the Quality Control Manager on the following:
- Inspection work instructions;
- General and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Reference Documents;
- Manufacturing Aids;
- Completion of quality records;
- Proper use, control and storage of measuring devices; and
- TPG policies and guidelines.
Support Quality Control Manager in working with Design
Engineering, NPD, Process Engineering and Manufacturing to solve in-house
quality concerns in a timely manner;
Ensure compliance with Control of Nonconforming Products Procedure:
- Coordination of DCMA QAR inspections (for Defense items only);
- Identification of risks and execution of risk mitigation plans,
- Review First Article Inspection records (for Defense items only);
- Review of contracts and purchase orders;
- Review of records generated for each sales order; and
- Preparation of Quality Management System audits.
Identify required resources for the Quality Control department and
communicate needs to Quality Control Manager;
Create shipping documentation and labeling for each sales order;
Responsible for proper control and storage of measuring devices
assigned to Quality Control department;
Maintain Unique Identification of Products Log (QR-QC-81) (for
Defense items only);
Responsible for the following activities at the end of each sales
- Monitor that Quality Control Inspectors are properly initiating &
closing out NCPRs; and
- Monitor the process for non-conforming materials; ensure items
are identified as per disposition.
Issue and control inspection stamps in accordance with standard
Monitor and schedule Quality Inspector hours and communicate to
the Quality Control Manager when authorization for overtime is required;
Identify product and process opportunities for improvement and
recommend changes to the documentation;
Communicate to the Quality Control Manager any updates/changes/corrections
that are required to documentation;
Ensure FOD Prevention policies are met; and
organization, and proper housekeeping of quality inspection areas and that
work is carried out in work areas free of foreign object debris.
- Remove all templates off the production floor, store them or transfer
them to the warehouse area;
- Responsible for collecting all quality inspection records associated
with each work order; and
- Ensure all inspection records are provided to Document Control for
- Enforce Safety Policies and Practices
Enforce Security Policies
- Ensure quality team complies with company safety
- Ensure quality team members comply with company
- Notify FSO of any security concerns or
Other duties may be assigned to meet business
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task in a
fast moving environment with shifting priorities and changing requirements;
Fluent in the English language, in both oral and
written form, required; bilingual in the Spanish language preferred;
- Strong communication and decision making skills;
- Leadership abilities and able to identify and resolve
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
Proficient in the ability to read and interpret
drawings and technical documentation; and
Ability to work well under pressure and be able
to assist in expediting shipments when necessary, working in conjunction with
Production and Shipping schedules.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to
safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the
ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting
qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA,
FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
with all personnel policies
This position requires
use of and access to information which is subject to the International Traffic
in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Accordingly,
all Quality Control Foreperson must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as
a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Temporary
Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
EDUCATION/TRAINING/EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years of
increasing responsibility in quality supervision within a manufacturing
environment required. High School Diploma, or equivalent training and
experience required. Experience working in an ISO 9001 and/or AS9100
manufacturing environment preferred. Knowledge and experience with First
Article Inspection process in accordance with AS9102 preferred (for Defense
items only). Knowledge and experience with the use of the following industry
standards: ASTM, NAS, and Military Standards preferred (for Defense items only).
have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers,
height gauge, radius gauge, pin gauges, protractors, and calipers. Must have
practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on machined
parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
and experience with the use of equipment like Spectrometer, Digital Microscope,
UID/RFID Verifier Machine and Elcometer preferred (for Defense items only).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
required to stand or sit, and move about the facility. Employee may
occasionally lift or move up to 35 lbs.
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is usually performed in production area. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate unless noted by safety signage. Occasional work
performed in office setting.
As a Federal Contractor, Point Blank Enterprises, Inc.
abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a).
These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based
on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and
prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures. Moreover, these regulations
require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative
action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability, compensation inquiries, discussions or
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to
request a reasonable accommodation. If
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers
website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable
accommodation by: (1) sending an e-mail to Maria Romero, firstname.lastname@example.org
or calling 1-(954) 630-0900 (2) informing us regarding the nature of your
request and (3) providing your contact information.
Please do not direct
any other general employment related questions or resumes to this email
and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone
Point Blank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability