The Operations Business Analyst is responsible for providing support for business operations functions and processes as well as providing project management support for specific targeted initiatives. This person also supports all analytic efforts of the Company’s internal business including, but not limited to: reporting/dashboard development and analysis, working with several Departments, managing projects and supporting business process improvement efforts to enhance automation, quality and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
1. Provides analysis and reports for monthly operations reviews and quarterly division reviews.
2. Generates portfolio management reports and analysis.
3. Generates ad hoc operational reports for financial budget management, asset management and resource monitoring as well as on different areas of production; for example, subcontractor performance and direct labor operations productivity. Reports are presented in an excel format.
4. Provides analysis and implementation support for measuring and monitoring business operations processes.
5. Supports annual planning management.
6. Project manage specific short-term projects needing accelerated execution.
7. Track business performance via KPIs.
8. Works with personnel in Operations, Finance and IT to collect data used to calculate metrics.
9. Implements data collection systems where they don’t currently exist.
10. Manipulates raw data and explains why trends exist.
11. Populates weekly KPI scorecard in Excel.
12. Develops and helps implement ideas for improving production.
13. Responsible for working according to the Company’s safety and quality standards.
14. Maintains a safe and clean work area.
15. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Cognition: Processes thoughts and experiences effectively from decision making to innovative thinking, analysis, judgments and problem solving. This includes examining information to draw conclusions, developing creative ideas and perspectives, making informed decisions considering all of the facts, goals, constraints and risks associated and resolving difficult challenges.
Communication: Communicates clearly with others avoiding ambiguity in all aspects of communication from speaking to writing, listening, and reading. This includes expressing ideas and facts orally and in writing, understanding and learning from what others say and grasping the meaning of written information.
Interaction with Others: Communicating and reacting with co-workers appropriately to maintain a professional environment. This includes encouraging others and furthering Company objectives, building constructive working relationships consisting of acceptance and respect, promoting cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and embracing a work environment that appreciates diversity.
Personal Effectiveness: Incorporating all personal resources to achieve work objectives the most efficiently from accountability to adaptability, customer and safety focus and continual learning. This includes taking responsibility for actions, quality and timeliness of work, adjusting to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities, maintaining customer satisfaction with the products offered by the company, adhering to all workplace standards, regulations and practices and showing an ongoing commitment to self-improve.
Management: Structures and directs others to ensure Company goals are met from coaching, leading, organizing and self-managing. This includes supporting all co-workers growth by giving feedback, instruction and encouragement in order for them to better succeed. This also includes promoting Company objectives and demonstrating the way to achieve them, coordinating ideas, prioritizing tasks by importance and deadline, keeping a quick pace without sacrificing quality, maintaining composure in stressful situations and tactfully handling challenges or tense interpersonal situations.
- BS/BA degree in scientific, business or technology related field or AA degree with equivalent related experience in position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Ability to understand sophisticated mathematical models and concepts.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, maintain focus and confidentiality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient self-management and organizational skills.
- Must communicate with both business and technically oriented resources to meet expectations.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA.
- Bonus: Manufacturing experience, active work experience for a minimum of three (3) years as a Business Analyst, Financial Analyst or Consulting.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires sitting for a prolonged period of time.
- Requires dexterity and coordination to handle files, boxes and materials.
- Requires minimum reaching for items above and below desk level.
- Requires strength, coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods.
§ Requires walking, climbing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
§ Requires repetitive movements with fingers, hands, wrist, and arms.
§ Requires traveling when needed.
As a federal Contractor, Point Blank Enterprises, Inc.
abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a).
These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based
on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and
prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color,
religion, creed, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, citizenship status, or any other status protected by state or
local law, and compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures,. Moreover,
these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors
take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by state or local
law, and compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to
request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability,
you may request a reasonable accommodation by:
(1) Sending an e-mail to Tom Steffen, firstname.lastname@example.org or calling
1-(954)- 630-0900 x1542;
(2) Informing us regarding the nature of your request; and
(3) Providing your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related
questions or resumes directly to this email and/or phone
number. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or
Point Blank Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.