Title: VP of operations
To: Division President
Position Summary: The VP of Operations is responsible for managing supply chain
and sub-contracted partners, production, purchasing, warehouse, and planning
& logistics operations, while satisfying employee and customer commitments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Related Processes: Direct the Materials department in the ROM/Request for
Quote/Request for Proposal process to provide Contract Administration with data
to support customer related processes.
- Participate in Customer and
Regulatory Requirements Review sessions to determine, at minimum,
Participate in Contract Award/Kick-off Sessions
to confirm customer and regulatory requirements and establish performance
- Production lead time;
- Labor requirements, to include, production order
start-up, training, execution, and production order closure;
- Manufacturing capacity;
- Inventory impact;
- Material costs; and
- Material lead times.
Planning, Scheduling, & Production Execution
planning and control activities so that products are manufactured on schedule
and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Plan and execute to enhance profitability,
productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations while
meeting production goals;
- Identify and manage headcount requirements for
production start-up, execution, and production order closure;
- Ensure employees are trained for the tasks being
performed and that training is effective;
- Maintain production area clean and organized
throughout production process;
- Ensure management and employees are adhering to
the FOD Prevention procedure [TPG-SOP-FOD]; and
- Responsible for adhering to Company’s Gate Process
Purchasing: Ensure purchasing requirements are clearly defined,
communicated, and executed according to the production schedule and new product
- Ensure Purchasing department is in compliance
Ensure Purchasing department manages Vendor
- Purchasing Procedure [TPG-SOP-PURCHASING];
- Purchase Order Request Form Procedure.
- Manage vendor qualification process
- Maintain Approved Vendors List
- Monitor vendor delivery performance
- Inform vendor of performance criteria and
inventory and shipping/receiving functions are operating at levels which meet
employee and customer needs and enforces procedures that identify, preserve,
and safeguard customer and company inventory.
- Minimize Inventory Levels
- Manage physical inventory on FIFO basis
- Ensure all Customer Property is processed through
the Warehouse as per the Customer Property Procedure
- Ensure Warehouse personnel are maintaining
compliance with the following procedures
Review and update Warehouse layout as needed
- Preservation of Products
Quality System Management & Document
Control: Contribute to the implementation and enhancement of the Company’s
Quality Management System.
- Ensure employees are aware of quality system
requirements and how they impact quality objective results and customer
- Create, improve, and implement company processes
and procedures related to the quality management system;
- Emphasize on continuous improvement of company
processes, efficiencies, and quality levels;
- Actively participates in risk management process as
required by the Risk Management Procedure [TPG-SOP-RISK];
- Initiate Change Requests on initial releases or
revisions of controlled documents and records;
- Approve Change Requests as required as per the
Change Control Procedure [TPG-SOP-CHANGE];
- Adhere to General Procedure Requirements; and
Report monthly results on quality objectives
related to Operations.
- Document, Respond, and take timely action on
corrective and preventive actions and continuous improvement proposals.
- Facilitate for timely completions on internal
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate employees in a
fair and consistent manner in line with company’s equal opportunity
- Provide leadership for the operations team
through effective communication, coaching, training, and development;
- Ensure area managers are adhering and enforcing
company policies and administering employment practices in a fair and
equitable manner; and
- Continuously work toward increasing employee
satisfaction and providing a positive work environment.
Safety & Security:
involved with management and employees in establishing and maintaining an
effective workplace safety program;
- Responsible for ensuring all
departments within Operations adhere to company policies and practices
related to safety; and
- Make certain that all area
managers are enforcing company security policies, reporting security
violations, and providing suggestions for improvement.
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
The successful candidate is required to have strong
oral and written communication skills. Spanish language fluency is a plus. VP needs a strong working knowledge of MS
Office and ERP system background. VP needs
to have strong leadership, planning, and decision making skills, and the ability to communicate
effectively with people in all areas of the company.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to
safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the
ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting
qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other
federal, state and local standards.
with all personnel policies
This position requires
use of and access to information which is subject to the International Traffic
in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Accordingly,
all VPs of Operations must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S.
Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Temporary Resident, Political
Asylee, or Refugee.
This position requires that
the VP of Operations be eligible for a government security clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
required to stand or sit, and move about the facility.
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office and production floor setting. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate, unless noted by safety signage.
Minimum 10-15 years of experience in management in a
manufacturing environment. Bachelor’s
degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related equivalent, with a
concentration in Operations Management or related field preferred. Experience
should include production planning and execution, quality assurance, logistics,
and experience in the implementation and management of a quality management
system. Experience with ISO/AS quality management system required.