Essential Duties and Accountabilities
Sewer Level 3
1. Responsible for handling, positioning and moving garment materials through the sewing machine.
2. Threads, changes bobbin and replaces needle.
3. Responsible for sewing various garment materials together; for example, a zipper, hook and loop and webbing.
4. Replenishes garment materials for the sewing machine.
5. Utilizes the metric measuring system to measure garment materials.
6. Completes repairs and reworks all materials non-conforming during the inspections process.
7. Performs various stitching patterns and specialized stitching functions with frequent supervision.
8. Capable of completing closure and top stitch sewing on all garments.
9. Performs work using a single needle and bar tacking machine with guidance.
10. Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
11. Maintains a safe and clean work area.
12. Responsible for working according to the company’s safety and quality standards.
13. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
14. Operates on the following sewing machines: Single Needle, Double Needle, Button Hole Machine, Button Sewing Machine, Bar Tacking Machine, Binding Machine, and Merro Machine with minimal guidance.
15. Capable of sewing various garment materials together; for example, pockets and openings.
16. Performs various stitching patterns and specialized stitching functions with moderate supervision.
old products (created 2009 to 2015).
18. Reads patterns, trims, BOM and Products releases.
19. Talks to designers as needed.
20. Capable of sewing various garment materials together for example, Daypacks.
21. Examines the sewing machine to identify any defects in stitching or machine malfunction.
22. Sews various garment materials together with minimal guidance and good quality.