Essential Duties and Accountabilities
1. Responsible for maintaining production goals and ensuring department production is completed accurately and timely.
2. Confirms that items from the Cutting and Production Department match the items ordered by the customer.
3. Ensures that products are produced timely, effectively and exceed the company quality standards within their assigned area.
4. Responsible for the shift supervision of manufacturing workers, interfacing with maintenance, quality and inventory purchasing and upper management.
5. Ensures that production schedule is met by distributing workload in accordance with changing priorities.
6. Oversees and or conducts training of new or existing employees.
7. Works closely with General Supervisor to assist and ensure employees follow company policies and health and safety guidelines.
8. Supervises and motivates employees, as well as conducts employee performance reviews, identifies required training needs, and issues corrective actions based on employees’ performance and productivity.
9. Responsible for working according to the company’s safety and quality standards.
10. Maintains a safe and clean work area.
11. Performs other related duties as required and or as assigned.
Sampling of Daily Tasks:
- Reviews technical documents (e.g. markers, trim sheets, and patterns) as well as work orders to make sure product is being prepared according to design
- Prepares product for sewing lines including marking product according to design documents (e.g. patterns)
- Enters work orders into computer application for tacking purposes
- Observes and assists team members by reviewing work against technical documents and production standards, taking corrective actions as required (e.g. training)
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum (2) two to (5) five years of experience in a related role or in an apparel manufacturing environment.
- Sewing, Fabric and or Textile Manufacturing environment experience required.
- Ability to use computer software and applications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to motivate others, delegate work, and explain ideas.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function for this position.
- Willingness and flexibility to work at any required time intervals as dictated by Company needs.
- Able to understand basic work and safety instructions in English.
- Able to read measurements and comprehend Build Sheets, Specifications and Product Releases.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA