The Quality Supervisor is responsible for managing the
operational, daily and quality aspects of the department. This person will
monitor and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and
efficiency of the department.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
- Quality Planning: Develops and implements the quality
management strategy and plans, including resources, systems, planning analysis.
Supports all aspects of day-to-day management of floor quality personnel.
- Mistake Proofing Effectiveness: Develops and maintain
systems to establish standards relating to activities and products.
- Computer Assembled Plans & Tracking: Develops and
maintain systems to measure performance against established standards.
- Corrective/Preventative Actions: Monitors performance (in
relevant areas) according to agreed standards and take necessary action to
communicate/advise/assist according to performance levels.
- Monitor’s and inform/communicate/apply standards
created/maintained by external bodies and integrate within internal quality
- Establishes and implements necessary communication strategy
for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments.
- Plans and manages departmental activities in accordance with
- Liaises with customers and suppliers where necessary (where
impacting/affected by quality issues)
- Manage staff according to company standards (appraisals,
discipline, training, development, etc.).
- Monitors: mistake proofing effectiveness, gage control and
gage calibration compliance.
- Participate in R & D and Design Reviews.
- Supports the ISO Compliance for all groups.
- Ensures safety compliance for the group.
- Multitasks with multiple priorities and time frames.
- Capacity to give a fast determination with any decision-making
- Manage and plan DCMA presentation and inspection schedule.
- Provide data driven actions using basic statistical analysis
to continually improve and monitor Quality system performance.
- Responsible for working according to the company’s safety
and quality standards.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Performs other related duties as required and or as
Cognition: Processes thoughts and experiences effectively
from decision making to innovative thinking, analysis, judgments, and problem
solving. This includes examining information to draw conclusions, developing
creative ideas and perspectives, making informed decisions considering all of
the facts, goals, constraints and risks associated and resolving difficult
Communication: Communicates clearly with others avoiding
ambiguity in all aspects of communication from speaking to writing, listening,
and reading. This includes expressing ideas and facts orally and in writing, understanding,
and learning from what others say and grasping the meaning of written
Interaction with Others: Communicating and reacting with
co-workers appropriately to maintain a professional environment. This includes
encouraging others and furthering Company objectives, building constructive
working relationships consisting of acceptance and respect, promoting
cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals, and embracing a work
environment that appreciates diversity.
Personal Effectiveness: Incorporating all personal resources
to achieve work objectives the most efficiently from accountability to
adaptability, customer and safety focus and continual learning. This includes taking responsibility for
actions, quality, and timeliness of work, adjusting to changing business needs,
conditions, and work responsibilities, maintaining customer satisfaction with
the products offered by the company, adhering to all workplace standards,
regulations and practices, and showing an ongoing commitment to self-improve.
Management: Structures and directs others to ensure Company
goals are met from coaching, leading, organizing, and self-managing. This
includes supporting all co-worker’s growth by giving feedback, instruction, and
encouragement for them to better succeed. This also includes promoting Company
objectives and demonstrating the way to achieve them, coordinating ideas,
prioritizing tasks by importance and deadline, keeping a quick pace without
sacrificing quality, maintaining composure in stressful situations, and
tactfully handling challenges or tense interpersonal situations.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Three to five years of experience within the Quality
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a
clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who
critically assesses own performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs, must know Visio,
Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook at minimum.
- Quality Requirements Experience.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function
for this position.
- Able to understand basic work and safety instructions in
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Must be authorized to work in the USA.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires sitting or standing for a prolonged period.
- The ability to lift to 30lbs.
- Requires traveling when needed domestically or