The Surveillance Systems
Support Technician position is responsible for assembling and configuring
computers, network cameras, devices and associated hardware, configuration of
software, basic troubleshooting, documentation, and quality assurance control on
the product prior to shipment to the customer.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Builds, configures, installs, and troubleshoots PC
systems and peripherals.
- Configure network video surveillance systems, cameras
- Documents equipment information, serial numbers, and
- Configures and tests customer purchased equipment
- Develops strong understanding of company products
sold, equipment, requirements, and objectives to ensure that customers are
provided high quality products.
- Assists the Systems and Network Manager with network
and communications projects.
- Trains and assist other team members.
- Adheres to internal procedures and suggests
improvements if needed.
- Provides weekend & after hours emergency coverage
when needed and scheduled.
- Performs additional job duties as required and as
- Maintains and projects professionalism when speaking /
interacting with customers.
Managing Work: Managing work to achieve results within
budget and on time. Focusing majority of
energy & resources on projects and tasks that add value. Managing a variety
of responsibilities at the same time. Considering a wide range of alternatives
before choosing the best way to accomplish an objective.
Communicating: Communicating effectively with people at all
levels in the organization. Communicating clearly and candidly; avoiding
vagueness, ambiguity, and mixed messages. Presenting ideas and facts clearly
and effectively in writing. Gathering and giving relevant information to others
in a timely manner.
Learning and Adapting:
Keeping current on knowledge specific to field of work. Finding a way to get
the job done even when normal channels, materials and methods don’t work.
Demonstrating a willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and
Working collaboratively with people in our group and in other parts of the
organization. Supporting others when
needed. Seeking expertise, advice, and perspectives from a variety of sources
both within and outside of the organization.
Working effectively with people who have diverse ideas, perspectives,
Quality & Customer
Focus: Continuously looking for ways to simplify and improve work processes to
achieve better results.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science (BS) or its
equivalent formal training or industry experience.
- Advanced experience with computers, networking and
- Experience with CCTV, IP cameras and other video
- Must read write and understand English.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential
function for this position.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Sitting for long periods.
Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of paper;
occasional lifting of items weighing up to (25) twenty-five pounds such as
files, stacks of paper, reference and other materials. Moving from place to
place within the office; minimum reaching for items above and below desk level.
Strength, dexterity, coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display
terminal for prolonged periods.