SUMMARY: Ensures all assigned Programs
are planned, executed, and finalized according to schedule and within budget.
This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members
and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects
according to plan. Responsible for carrying out the tactical and strategic
directions provided by the Executive Team and ensuring all contractual
obligations and customer requirements are satisfied.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES:
- Ensure Programs are managed from conception through
completion while meeting all internal, customer, and regulatory requirements as
per TPG’s Gate Process [TPG-SOP-GATE];
- Ensure project scope, goals and deliverables that
support business goals in collaboration with management are defined;]
- Maintain close relationships with defense community;
- Identify short term and long term revenue opportunities
from communication and exposure to defense community;
- Ensure project budgets are developed and tracked through
life of project; request approvals for budgets adjustments, as necessary;
- Provide technical interface between external supply
base, program development leaders and Business Operations Functions
(Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Materials/Supply Chain, and
Security/Compliance) to meet defined technology objectives, as required;
- Ensure effective communication with customers and interested
parties throughout project life cycle;
- Communicate project expectations to team members and
stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion;
- Identify and manage project critical path(s);
- Attend relevant internal and external technical meetings
and design reviews, as required;
- Ensure all technical documentation is generated in
compliance with TPG’s Change Control procedure and Configuration Management
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify
risk, and devise contingency and risk mitigation plans;
- Collaborate with other engineering functions within TPG
to aid and assist in project/product transitions;
- Support the quoting and proposal process by providing technical
information, NRE, travel, labor, and special testing costs, as required;
- Lead and Participate in the Contract Review and Contract Kick-Off
- Lead and Participate in USG, Customer, and Third Party
audits, as required.
- Lead product / project costing and cost compliance
effort during bid and execution phase
- Other duties may be assigned to
meet business needs.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: Senior Program Manager must have
the ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents, standards, and
specifications. Needs a strong working knowledge of relevant software (e.g., MS
Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Solid Works and/or AutoCAD). Needs to have
experience in US Government / DoD contracting with working knowledge of Federal
Acquisition Requirements and US Government Contracting models and systems. Needs to exhibit strong leadership and decision-making
skills, and the ability to operate under pressure. Must have strong decision
making skills, work well in diverse groups, and exhibit excellent
organizational, technical and communication (oral and written) skills in the
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: This
position requires use of and access to information that is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Accordingly, all Program Directors
must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as
a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Temporary
Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
position also requires eligibility for a government security clearance.
DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand
or sit, and move about the facility. Employee may occasionally lift or move up
to 35 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Work usually performed in an office
setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Occasional work performed in production setting.
Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in management or other related field;
alternatively, three years of direct work experience in a project management
capacity (DoD preferred). Experience should include project engineering,
program management and budget development.