The Cost Accountant will be responsible for studying and
collecting data to determine costs
of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory,
subcontractor, labor and overhead. This
person will monitor/manage the standard cost system and analyze/audit costs. He/she is
responsible for the accuracy and reliability of the manufacturing standard
cost inventory records, through analysis and working with operations on
continuous process improvement of inventory control and reporting. He/she
will serve as internal audit of the cycle-count program and will prepare
weekly report for inventory valuation, manufacturing variances and absorption,
as well as assist with month-end close and year-end closing and will report
and explain variances between actual and standard cost. This person will also work with Corporate to
coordinate and run the Annual Cost Roll for the site.
- Assists with maintaining Standard
Cost System accross various systems.
- Assists with monitoring cost and
changes that impact costing and valuation.
- Assists with month-end closing
activities by preparing account reconciliations, review of expenses, review
of manufacturing transactions, analyze Purchase Price Variance, analyze
Cost-of-Goods sold, assists with Profit Margin analysis, assists with
Inventory Trend analysis and journal entries.
- Assists with compiling Manufacturing
Variances (material usage vs. planned cost) and explains variances.
- Reviews and addresses anomalies on
close Production Orders weekly.
- Assists with compiling weekly and
monthly reports for submission to Corporate (i.e.-inventory levels,
manufacturing variances, absorption, purchase price variance, inventory
- Serve as internal audit for
- Assists with compiling Excess & Obsolescence and
to manage priorities and deadlines, and the ability to solve problems.
- Monitors compliance with Finance
Policies and Procedures.
- Prepares for and participates in
internal and external audits.
- Perform ad hoc analysis of product/plant
to support the operations.
Education Requirements & Competencies
background in manufacturing (preferred)
- Bachelors of Science in Business or
Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with bill of material
management and variance analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting
- Able to identify opportunities to
improve processes and take initiative to recommend changes to management.
- Detailed oriented, strong Excel
skills and be able to partner within a team working ability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX is a plus.
- Regular and predictable attendance
is an essential function for this position.
- Must read, write, and understand
- Must be authorize to work in the USA.
for long periods. Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single
pieces of paper; occasional lifting
items weighing up to (25) twenty-five pounds such as files, stacks of paper,
reference and other materials.
from place to place within the office; minimum reaching for items above and
below desk level.
coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for