QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: Must be fluent and be able to read and write
in English. Strong oral communication skills in Spanish are also required. Employee
needs to be proficient in MS Office. Must have an active driver’s license; ability to be
forklift certified within 30 days of assignment.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards,
including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA,
FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA, local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations;
- Minimum of three years’ comprehensive experience with safety and environmental program management, preferably in a manufacturing environment, with OSHA oversight;
- Experience in writing safety programs, policies, and procedures;
- Experience in performing hazard assessments and participation in hazard mitigation activities to include the preferred methodology of engineering controls; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety; Occupational Health and Safety; Engineering or related field.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Regularly required to move and walk around the facilities. Lifting, pushing, and pulling shall be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some work may be performed in an office setting; most days will require work to be carried out in manufacturing floor environment. Hearing protection and respiratory protection shall be required to perform activities related to this job.