First Tactical (FT) is
seeking an energetic, creative, and experienced Senior HR Business Partner to join our exciting team!
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position
is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management
in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the
HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that
reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an
effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial
position, its midrange plans, its culture, and its competition.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to
line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development,
- Gather and analyze relevant data, trends, and patterns
and identify gaps and priorities, particularly in the areas of talent
management, performance management, workforce planning, strategic
recruitment, and capability development.?
- Leverage the HR function to deliver effective and
customer-focused HR Operations.
- Provide policy guidance and interpretation; recommend
and implement changes as needed.
- Provide guidance and input on restructuring, workforce
planning, and succession planning: identify training needs and individual
management coaching needs.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Consult with employees and management on employee
relations issues providing guidance and assistance with policy
interpretation, open and direct communication, conflict resolution, performance
management, and conduct-related issues.
- Serve as an initial point of contact for US employee
relations, including conducting exit interviews.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR
group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions, and
- Identifies training needs for business units and
individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training
programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are
- Performs other
related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the
appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations,
ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the
organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices,
and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability
to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and
with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- The Senior HR Business Partner
must have a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Human Resources,
Psychology, Business, or any other related field.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years
of working experience, preferably working as an HR Business Partner. The
candidate must demonstrate successful experience sourcing for valuable
potential recruitment, inclusive of managerial level prospects in a
highly competitive market.
- Demonstrated knowledge of
relevant labor laws and practices. Knowledge of standard hiring practices,
recruitment metrics, interview techniques, and management systems and
- Proven and successful
experience in influencing senior management and departmental heads into
the adoption of ultimately beneficial people management policies and
- Working knowledge of multiple
human resource disciplines, including compensation practices,
organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance
management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Proven and successful problem-solving experience leading to lasting employee relations solutions within
- The position is based in an
office and involves sitting for most of the day.
- Position requires lifting up to
10 lbs. occasionally.
This position is based in our Modesto, California office.